David Hidalgo

David Hidalgo

Organisation:
Job title:
Journalist. I'm coauthor of “The Swiss Knife for Journalists: digital tools for investigative reporting in the big data era” (2016), a data journalism guide for Hispanic investigative reporters. I’m author of the book: "Shadows of a rescue: searching the footprints in the residence of the Japanese ambassador" (Ed. Planeta), a non-fiction story about the last armed action perpetrated by the terrorist group MRTA in Peru. I was Fellow of the 2009 Edward R. Murrow Program for Journalists, organized by the United States Department of State and the Aspen Institute, and in 2011 was Fellow of the Fundación Nuevo Periodismo Iberoamericano. I received the 2006 Human Rights and Journalism Award from the National Human Rights Coordinator of Peru, the main human rights organization in the country. I coauthored the book "Death writes itself" (2006), a true crime story about a famous cold case (AgenciaPerú / Aguilar). Between 1993 and 2008 I was staff reporter of El Comercio and La Republica, the two largest Peruvian newspapers. I was managing editor of Etiqueta Negra magazine, an awarded publication dedicated to narrative journalism. I’ve been professor of Literary Journalism at the University of Applied Sciences (UPC). I’ve given lectures on narrative journalism at universities in Peru, Chile and Spain. In 2014 I was included in the Official Selection for the Gabriel Garcia Marquez Award of Journalism by the Fundación Nuevo Periodismo Iberoamericano.

Projects

Comments : 0