BBC - Glasgow

- selected projects

Let's make sense what the 21 500 articles of Yle ("BBC" of Finland) are really all about.
Newsfeeds have become a powerful tool for journalists that want to publish content as soon as possible.

How can we manage to provide the readers with relevant background information? Our demo...
Highlight words in text and search for related stories. Search results are aggregated and ranked based on their relevance to the extracted key words from each story.

Our team consists of Jack...
iRef is a radically different way of consuming news about the Scottish referendum and an application that answers a problem for both journalists and users.

Problem
Voters complain they have “too...
The problem:

“I want to know more about the Scottish independence referendum, but I don’t know where to start. Which news source can I trust? How can I know how reliable their information is?”
“I...
We're building a game.
Working in the category 'Connect the News', the game utilises the API's function of searching for people, and revealing their connections to other...
Switch seamlessly from the latest news to recent community memes and humorous content related to any news theme/article.
'bifid' is an image based app that brings the current news from the...
** This project won the Editors Lab BBC Newshack **

You are missing out on news every day and we want to make sure that you don’t.
The Blind Spot will alert you to news that you might otherwise...

Explore Projects by Programme

5031 Members

Our community is open to media innovators all around the world.
If you consider yourself a media innovator, and not yet one of our members, join us, now!

2277 Projects

Undefined

Access a directory of successful projects and apps, an incredible resource for media innovators.

Browse Projects by Country